Your career choice and hobbies can support students!
Who can be an expert?
Anyone can be an expert. Not all experts involved with the JSF have a degree. Real life experience is more than sufficient. Some experts are local workers involved in bee keeping, skateboarding and aviation. Experts also have local ties and resources that can benefit JSF.
Why do students need experts?
- Validity and accuracy With the endless information on the internet; an expert that specializes in their field(s) can help alleviate students accessing inaccuracies in data and information.
- Resources Not many students have the access to the latest and greatest gadgets and gizmos. Experts can help students design and build projects for the JSF. This is vital as experts with experience can allow students’ projects to be doable and cost efficient. Trial and error is reduced with experienced individuals.
- Community connections Hands-on and real world applications are at work! Students get a first-hand experience on how experts impact their community. These relations allow students to understand the many career fields that shape our nation.
How to establish initial collaboration
- Experts will be featured in our Newsletter that is sent out to participating school groups, as well as on our website.
- “JSF Blast-Off Networking Dinner Event” will provide an opportunity for face-to-face networking with educators/facilitators. After initial contact, coordinate with teacher/facilitator how the process will work for your specific team and school.
- Meet with JSF student team members in their classroom, conference room, through Skype or face time for introduction and goal setting.
- Workshops are an opportunity to gather with facilitators and students to guide them towards a successful booth presentation.
- Be sure you follow any procedures for school visitors as required by the district or school.
- Have a great and productive life experience.
If you are interested in being an expert and have questions, please e-mail us any questions you have in the following link.