Jacksonville Science Festival (JSF) is excited to announce its 2017 Summer of Exploration & Arts Camp featuring six weeks of STEAM driven FUN!
Jacksonville Science Festival is now well known for its STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, & Math) driven city-wide event featuring Jacksonville’s k-12 grade students partnering to creatively develop fun, interactive, educational projects they present to the community during the annual festival. The Jacksonville Science Festival Exploration & ARTS Camp incorporates similar aspects but offers an ARTS focused thread including visual, performing, and environmental arts and weekly field trips for additional fun.
The camp takes place at The Foundation Academy, a 23 acre campus including art, dance, and drama studios, organic gardens, an aquaponic farm, interactive sports, and more. Camp is open to children ages 5-15 with age appropriate groups and activities.
3675 San Pablo Road South, Jacksonville 32224 or call 904-493-3535 for more information.
Summer Camp cost per camper/ per week $120; $15 for registration fee.
Field Trips are once a week at $25 per camper.
Here is our typical schedule:
- Devotion Time 8:30- 9:00
- Restroom/ Water Break 9:00- 9:10
- Main groups 9:10- 9:20
- Outdoor/ Indoor Recess Play 9:25- 10:00am
- Restroom/ Wash hands 10:00- 10:10am
- Snack 10:10- 10:30am
- PiBL 10:30- 11:20 noon
- PiBL 11:20- 12:10 noon
- Wash hands 12:10- 12:15pm
- Lunch 12:15pm to 12:45pm
- Clean-up/ Quiet/ R&R 12:45pm- 1:00pm
- PiBL 1:00pm to 1:50pm
- PiBL 1:50pm to 2:40pm
- Snack 2:40 to 3:00pm
- Clean-up 2:55 to 3:00pm
- In Door Out Door/ Recess 3:00pm to 3:45pm
- Main Groups 3:45pm to 3:55pm
- Black Box Meeting 3:55pm to 4:00pm
- Movie 4:00pm til 5pm Dismissal
*PiBL: Art, Science, Drama, Skits/ Group activities
** Schedule is subject to change
Below is our projected timeline for Summer 2017*:
*Pending on weather patterns, dates and times of field trips are subject to change. Field trip fees are not included in the camp fee.
June 19th- July 28th
8am to 5pm
Week 1: Bowling
Week 2: Velocity Air Sports
Week 3: Jump Street
Week 4: Rebounderz
Week 5: Velocity Air Sports
Week 6: Adventure Landing
CAMP DO’S & DON’TS
Come to camp mentally and physically prepared –
- Apply sunblock and hydrate before arriving at camp
- Bring an extra pair of clothes
- Bring a water bottle – water provided to refill throughout the camp day
- Lunch provided – camper may bring additional food for snack and/ or lunch
- Listen and watch – counselors are continually sharing important details
- HAVE FUN
- Participate in activities
- Share what you know
- Make new friends
- Be respectful and kind to everyone
Camp WILL be a safe and FUN place for everyone –
- No bullying, name calling or teasing allowed
- No horse playing or rough housing
- Eating only during lunch and snack in the designated area
- No sharing food as some campers may have special dietary needs
- No wandering – stay with your counselors
- No bare feet or open toed shoes allowed
- No tree climbing or unauthorized climbing of any sort
- No littering
- NO texting, phone calls, gaming or unauthorized use of electronics allowed
- Campers wishing/needing to contact their authorized adult may do so at any time
Where are you located?
Camp is hosted on the The Foundation Academy 23 acre campus at 3675 San Pablo Road South, 32224.
What should my camper bring each day?
An active mind ready to explore along with a water bottle, extra clothes and sunblock
Do you supply lunch?
Yes, we also supply two snacks each day. Campers may bring extra food or a lunch if they have special dietary needs.
What are the camper’s ages?
Ages 5 to 15; they are broken into three groups: 5-7, 8-10, 11-15
Why does your camp focus on Science and Art?
The Jacksonville Science Festival is a STEAM based organization. The mission of the Jacksonville Science Festival is to promote equity and justice in education. Therefore, campers will explore and create with science and art in a traditional setting with hands on activities.
What’s the typical schedule entail?
Our typical schedule and more information is on the Summer Camp tab at JacksonvilleScienceFestival.org
Are there field trips?
Yes, on Wednesdays. Depending on weather these are subject to change. Field Trip Transportation is for Staff and Campers only.
Besides Science and Art what else will my camper experience?
Outdoor activities, aquaponic organic farming and more at the 23 acre campus of the Foundation Academy.
What is the camper to counselor ratio?
One counselor to fifteen campers; our trained CPR certified staff is ready to share the camp experience with your camper!
What’s on the lunch menu?
Click here to view the 2017 Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) Menu .PDF
ART & EXPLORATION CAMP
SEVERE CLAUSE POLICY
The following will result in immediate consequences:
- Acts of Violence Against Teachers or Campers or any Staff Members, includes fighting or ANY unsolicited physical contact.
- Verbal Abuse and/or Threats Against Teachers or Campers or any Staff Members.
- Vandalism – includes Academy property, Teachers or Campers or any Staff Member’s personal property.
- Leaving campus without permission: includes lunchtime, break, field trips, and any activities or camp activity that has not been cleared by parent and school administration.
- Use of drugs or alcohol at any time
- Sexual Harassment, sexual talk
- Cyber bullying
Severe Clause Consequences:
- Camper(s) will be immediately suspended for a period, or immediate expulsion will be applied, as determined by administration.
- Parents will be notified and required to attend a meeting before camper is admitted back to school.
STANDARD DAILY DISDIPLINE POLICY:
- Redirect the behavior:
- Conference with the student:
- Consequence (removal from group):
- Parental involvement:(call or conference at dismissal)
- Referral/ Removal from program