See you in Summer 2022!
Jacksonville Science Festival (JSF) is excited to announce its 2022 Summer of Exploration & Arts Camp featuring six weeks of STEAM driven FUN! More information to come! See you in 2022!
Jacksonville Science Festival is now well known for its STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, & Math) driven city-wide event featuring Jacksonville’s k-12 grade students partnering to creatively develop fun, interactive, educational projects they present to the community during the annual festival. The Jacksonville Science Festival Exploration & ARTS Camp incorporates similar aspects but offers an ARTS focused thread including visual, performing, and environmental arts and weekly field trips for additional fun.
The camp takes place at The Foundation Academy, a 23 acre campus including art, dance, and drama studios, organic gardens, an aquaponics farm, interactive sports, and more. Camp is open to children ages 5-15 with age appropriate groups and activities.
3675 San Pablo Road South, Jacksonville 32224 or call 904-493-3535 for more information.
Summer Camp Registration Coming in 2022
Honors and Recognition
Licensed with the Department of Children & Families
Certificate of Achievement for Averaging Mastery on the Contract Compliance tool for 2018- 2019
Certificate of Achievement for Averaging 3.66 on the Program Quality Assessment for 2018 – 2019
Over 100 hours of training with Kids Hopes Alliance
Families are admitted on a first come and first serve basis.
Important information regrading COVID -19/ Coronavirus
COVID 19 Recovery Resources for Providers and Families
In response to the COVID-19 disaster and its impact on Duval County public schools, as well as youth programs and services, the Kids Hope Alliance has compiled a list of available resources, offered by state and federal agencies, private organizations, and non-profit organizations. We will try to keep it updated and accurate, as some of these programs, especially in terms of childcare, are subject to change with new developments.
(Please click here for more information)
Camp Themes & Field Trips of 2022
*Field Trips are subject to change. Most are on Wednesdays, please note dates.
- Dates & events are subject to change
June 20th, 2022
Rise of the Machines
June 27th, 2022
July 4th, 2022 (Monday, July 4th Camp is Closed)
War of the Worlds
Space and Technology
July 11th, 2022
Mitchell’s vs Machine
July 18th, 2022
Evolution of the machine’s
July 25th, 2022
The Time Machine
Here is our typical schedule:
- Devotion Time 8:30- 9:00
- Restroom/ Water Break 9:00- 9:10
- Main groups 9:10- 9:20
- Outdoor/ Indoor Recess Play 9:25- 10:00am
- Restroom/ Wash hands 10:00- 10:10am
- Snack 10:10- 10:30am
- PiBL 10:30- 11:20 noon
- PiBL 11:20- 12:10 noon
- Wash hands 12:10- 12:15pm
- Lunch 12:15pm to 12:45pm SAMPLE Summer Lunch Menu
- Clean-up/ Quiet/ R&R 12:45pm- 1:00pm
- PiBL 1:00pm to 1:50pm
- PiBL 1:50pm to 2:40pm
- Snack 2:40 to 3:00pm
- Clean-up 2:55 to 3:00pm
- In Door Out Door/ Recess 3:00pm to 3:45pm
- Main Groups 3:45pm to 3:55pm
- Black Box Meeting 3:55pm to 4:00pm
- Movie 4:00pm til 5pm Dismissal
*PiBL: Art, Science, Drama, Skits/ Group activities
** Schedule is subject to change
Incremental weather schedule for Jacksonville Science Festival.pdf
*Pending on weather patterns, dates and times of field trips are subject to change. Most field trips are on Wednesdays.
Incremental weather schedule for Jacksonville Science Festival.pdf
Summer Camp Info.
CAMP DO’S & DON’TS
Come to camp mentally and physically prepared –
- Apply sunblock and hydrate before arriving at camp
- Bring an extra pair of clothes
- Bring a water bottle – water provided to refill throughout the camp day
- *Lunch provided – *camper may bring additional food for snack and/ or lunch
- Listen and watch – counselors are continually sharing important details
- HAVE FUN
- Participate in activities
- Share what you know
- Make new friends
- Be respectful and kind to everyone
Camp WILL be a safe and FUN place for everyone –
- No bullying, name calling or teasing allowed
- No horse playing or rough housing
- Eating only during lunch and snack in the designated area
- No sharing food as some campers may have special dietary needs
- No wandering – stay with your counselors
- No bare feet or open toed shoes allowed
- No tree climbing or unauthorized climbing of any sort
- No littering
- NO texting, phone calls, gaming or unauthorized use of electronics allowed
- Campers wishing/needing to contact their authorized adult may do so at any time
Where are you located?
Camp is hosted on the The Foundation Academy 23 acre campus at 3675 San Pablo Road South, 32224.
What should my camper bring each day?
An active mind ready to explore along with a water bottle, extra clothes and sunblock
Do you supply lunch?
Yes, we also supply two snacks each day. Campers may bring extra food or a lunch if they have special dietary needs.
What are the camper’s ages?
Ages 5 to 15; they are broken into three groups: 5-7, 8-10, 11-15
Why does your camp focus on Science and Art?
The Jacksonville Science Festival is a STEAM based organization. The mission of the Jacksonville Science Festival is to promote equity and justice in education. Therefore, campers will explore and create with science and art in a traditional setting with hands on activities.
What’s the typical schedule entail?
Our typical schedule and more information is on the Summer Camp tab at JacksonvilleScienceFestival.org
Are there field trips?
Yes, on Wednesdays. Depending on weather these are subject to change. Field Trip Transportation is for Staff and Campers only.
Besides Science and Art what else will my camper experience?
Outdoor activities, aquaponic organic farming and more at the 23 acre campus of the Foundation Academy.
What is the camper to counselor ratio?
One counselor to fifteen campers; our trained CPR certified staff is ready to share the camp experience with your camper!
What’s on the lunch menu?
Food is provided by the Summer Service Food Program. (Click here for more info.)
How can I volunteer/ visit the camp?
All visitors must sign in the Jacksonville Science Festival/ The Foundation Academy with a valid ID in the front office. Volunteers must file a background check with DCPS. All Applications MUST be completed and approved prior to the volunteering.
(Click here to access more info and the Application)
ART & EXPLORATION CAMP
SEVERE CLAUSE POLICY
The following will result in immediate consequences:
- Acts of Violence Against Teachers or Campers or any Staff Members, includes fighting or ANY unsolicited physical contact.
- Verbal Abuse and/or Threats Against Teachers or Campers or any Staff Members.
- Vandalism – includes Academy property, Teachers or Campers or any Staff Member’s personal property.
- Leaving campus without permission: includes lunchtime, break, field trips, and any activities or camp activity that has not been cleared by parent and school administration.
- Use of drugs or alcohol at any time
- Sexual Harassment, sexual talk
- Cyber bullying
Severe Clause Consequences:
- Camper(s) will be immediately suspended for a period, or immediate expulsion will be applied, as determined by administration.
- Parents will be notified and required to attend a meeting before camper is admitted back to school.
STANDARD DAILY DISCIPLINE POLICY:
- Redirect the behavior:
- Conference with the student:
- Consequence (removal from group):
- Parental involvement:(call or conference at dismissal)
- Referral/ Removal from program